Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Red Sox and Steroids

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090511&content_id=4673748&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

I rest my case. One of the players in the clubhouse says the Red Sox informed players how to use steroids properly. Lou Merloni, the former player, equated it to "teaching your teenage daughter about sex education". Big difference, sex is legal in all 50 states, steroids is illegal in all 50 states. Pretending like this is no big deal is absolutely ridiculous. Now in fairness, the Red Sox GM at the time Dan Duquette says that the meeting never took place. But let's be honest, is there a situation in which he would admit to having a doctor come in and teach players how to properly use steroids after the Manny suspension and the atmosphere around baseball right now. I'll believe Merloni until he's proven wrong.

On another Boston note, as much as I hate the teams in that city, the Big Baby "controversy" is a joke. The guy was excited and accidently pushed a kid, but really was just swinging his arm backwards. The dad needs to give it a rest with the demanding of an apology, and if I were Davis, I would tell him to go fudge himself. But instead he caved and apologized, which is unfortunate, I might have actually liked a Boston player if he had some balls. That's all for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment