Sunday, February 7, 2010

Big Board, Mock Draft, and Super Bowl Thoughts






So it's tough to say this, but the Colts have played the 2 most boring Super Bowls in recent history. That's not to say this game was without its thrills. Tracy Porter's TAINT (Touchdown After INT, put it in your vocab, I won't explain again) got me out of my seat, but other than that the game lacked the memorable plays of the past 2 Super Bowls. As much as I hate the Patriots at least they gave us a great Super Bowl every time they were in it (minus that debacle vs the Bears, but since I wasn't alive I'll let that slide). The Saints were the more likely of the 2 to have a big play, but with the speedy Colts defense and their effective Tampa 2 defense they are able to limit the big plays of Super Bowls past. The Colts seem like a big play offense considering their high pass/run ratio. But really they do most of their work underneath and down the seams. The recent Super Bowls have spoiled the regular viewer compared the the regular occurrence of a stinker. The game seemed out of reach almost immediately when the Colts took a 10-0 lead. With Peyton Manning playing well, the Colts somehow running the ball uphill and angry, and the Saints on their heels on the biggest stage, it seemed a foregone conclusion. However, the Saints never lost it, and slowly came back with Drew Brees completing passes with pinpoint accuracy.

I won't bore with any more analysis, as I'm sure every station will do their own, so now on to the unveiling of my new big board and my first mock draft since the Senior Bowl. With the order pretty much set (minus a coin flip or two for position) the picks are ready to be made. Instead of all of my thoughts, I'm just going to load spreadsheets, figure it out for yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment