Sunday, April 12, 2009

Banner Day for Boston

Truly a banner day for the worst sports city in the nation. First, we get the pleasure of the Celtics getting destroyed by Cavs 107-76, but that wasn't enough. Ray Allen decided to take things into his own, elbow.



A really classy move from the veteran.

Then the Red Sox go out to complete the thuggery by having Josh Beckett throwing at Bobby Abreu's head. The video clip is 8 minutes long so I'll spare you, but needless to say Beckett decided to take his sweet time, and when Abreu called for time from the ump Beckett completed his windup and threw it right at Abreu's head. The good news is that the Angels beat the Red Sox 5-4. I just wish ESPN wasn't located in Bristol, CT so they acted as appalled at the stuff the Boston teams do as they do when any other team does.

We can't forget that Bruins game Thursday either against the Canadiens. A total of 76 penalty minutes were assessed. Now I love fighting in hockey and believe it should stay for good, but this was just ridiculous. Enough about Boston.

Otherwise the Master's was intriguing to say the least. I feel bad for Kenny Perry, who really collapsed on 17 and 18 when it looked like the championship was in the bag. All the congratulations and respect for Angel Cabrera who hit all the shots he had to so he could win the tournament. I really need to get out and play some golf soon so I can attempt to score under 100 at some point. If you're wondering, yes, I am the world's worst golfer.

Periodically I plan on highlighting people or teams that are getting overlooked by the Boston/New York centralized media. Teams like last years Rays will get their due here. The underdog, unless playing against my team, will always get my support. The only exception to that is Tiger Woods, but let's be honest, everyone likes seeing him win. If you know something I should be mentioning let me know, and I'll do the research to see if he/she/they are worthy. I am a man of the people, and as such, I will be your humble (sometimes) and loyal servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment