Friday, June 5, 2009

Updates Galore

So a lot has happened since I last posted on here, so I figured I would give you all what you want, ranting and raving about nothing special.

First, Vitamin Water and Nike, Fuck You! Sorry for the language, but really, how awful are those commercials. Although I would have preferred it to be Kobe, thank God one of them missed the finals so we can stop seeing them. The puppets looked nothing like Kobe or LeBron, and the commercials just made me want to ban Vitamin Water and Nike products forever. Eventually I just started changing the channel every time they came on, but then I would start to miss parts of the game because I wouldn't get back in time. So I do believe it's official, I won't be buying any Vitamin Water or Nike for a while to teach them a lesson.
And for you Beav, here is a sample if you haven't seen it

The Stanley Cup Finals are officially marginalized by moving from NBC to VS. The series is tied 2-2, and the NHL seems desperate to make the Penguins win by having the first five games played in 8 days. The older Red Wings are having trouble keeping up with the younger Penguins, which is exactly what Gary Bettman wants considering he's commisioner of a failing league that isn't available in 50% of households. Ever since the Boston-Carolina round 2 game I've finally come back to hockey because it's back to the hard nosed style they used to have in the playoffs, but without as much trap and clutching. Well I believe in the NHL, which is why I'm writing about them before the actual NBA playoffs.

So on to the NBA Finals, where it's already a foregone conclusion that the Lakers are going to win, probably in 6 once the series returns to LA. As much as I hate watching them win, they really showed they were a better team last night. I could hardly stand to watch some of it because they made the Magic look like they were a college team. They did the smart thing by fouling Howard when he went up strong and forced him to make his FTs. With Bynum, Gasol, Odom, and Trevor Ariza they have 24 fouls between their big guys to throw at Howard, and then they have the speed to step out and contest the 3 that the Sixers, Cavs, and Celtics didn't. It's too bad because I'd really like to see anyone but LA or Boston win this season, but it doesn't look likely.

That's about it for now, but hopefully once I get into a better routine with work updates will be more frequent again.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Tim. I had heard about those commercials but I'd never seen them until now. Not only is the premise of them living together absurd, but the fact that anyone thought that after 10 seconds of that LeBron wouldn't pick Kobe up and chokeslam him through the coffee table is absurd. Seriously, LeBron is something like 7 feet tall and weighs 315 lbs. with a 65 inch vertical. He's basically the Incredible Hulk. The notion that he'd let anyone get into his face and annoy him like that is outlandish.

    Also, good points on the NHL. (Side note: Gary Bettman is like if someone crossed Isiah Thomas and Roger Goodell; no common sense, outlandish contracts, and expansion galore.) I love playoff hockey, because much like baseball, playoff hockey is the only time you can watch the sport on TV. It's impossible to watch a regular season baseball or hockey game on TV because, let's face it, who cares? Once the playoffs start, you know that every game counts. The players know this too, which is why their effort is obvious. Being seven time zones ahead of you, I can't watch the Stanley Cup Finals, but the point still remains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haven't even seen the commercials with "Desmond" the boy from downstairs that LeBron and Kobe babysit that doesn't shut up. Not happening, that kid would be swimming with the fishes quicker than a snitch on the Sopranos. They didn't even stop making them after LeBron got knocked out of the playoffs, which is what I was praying for. Now they have this Desmond kid annoying LeBron about watching Kobe in the Finals. I'm gonna go pee on some Nike shoes sometime after what they've done to the American public. Thank God I wear Adidas.

    ReplyDelete